Monday, November 15, 2010

I Know You Are, But What Am I?

I recently saw the Pee Wee Herman Show on Broadway. It was even more spectacular than I thought it would be! As a whole, the show was a hilarious, charmingly nostalgic production. Oh, and the set was pretty radical as well. When you think about it, some of Pee Wee's decorative preferences put a wacky twist on mid-century modern design, don't you think? His mondo bizarro home is laden with neon-hued elements of Americana, tiki motifs, and space-age eccentricity, drawn right out of the 1960's. I would totally model my own home after Pee Wee's insane digs if I didn't think that it would cause me to go blind.



I should also send a shout out to fellow SRT alum Miss Lexy Fridell a.k.a. Chairry. You were awesome, Lexy!

No comments:

Post a Comment